Friday, April 18, 2008

Send The "Junk" Back To The Sender...

I wonder how many millions of dollars are spent on "junk" mail? Let's face it, our mail carriers could complete their rounds much quicker if it was not for handling on that useless mail, right? And what of all the "stuff" that is placed inside envelops with your monthly statements? You know, the kind of offerings that you just cannot resist! Why is it not possible for monthly statements to arrive with only one piece of paper inside the envelop with the amount you owe?


It reminds me of all the "junk" that we allow to accumulate in our lives! There are so many, many things that are "add ons" and entirely useless and uncessary. We are forever going here and there to do this and that without reaping any rewards for our efforts. Do we really need to run the way we do? Oh, I know someone will say, "I cannot decide what my priorities are and I am afraid that I might miss something important if I stay at home!" Really?


While we are passing in the doorway, our homes are begging for attention! No, I do not mean the houses in which you live, but your home! I see signs occasionally from a realtor that read, "Home for sale!" Edgar Guest said it best, "It takes a heap of living to make a house a home!" My friend, be sure it is just your house that you are selling and not your home!


I know of some folk who have sold their homes for another case of alcohol or another romantic escapade with the person across the street! There are those who will sell their children's happiness for the cost of a few pills or a chance at winning the lottery! Are all these things really valuable? Are they not just like the "junk" mail you throw away?


It is time that we do something about the "junk" in our lives, right? Get rid of it now and forever more! Straighten out our priorities!


Do like some of us do with our "junk" mail...put it back in that "no postage necessary" envelop and send it back to the sender and let him pay to get his own "junk" mail back! That's right...send the "junk" in your life back to the sender

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bill,
Great blog site! Keep it up. I think it will catch on.
Mark

Susan said...

Bill,

My Nan (1905-2007) was full of sayings but our family favorite of hers was "Throw your trash where your love lies!" and this blog entry reminds me of that. Thanks for the smile :)

Susan